- About Us
- What We Do
- Jobs and Tenders
- Media Centre
- Contact Us
In the framework of monitoring gender principles and the fighting against Gender Based Violence and related injustice, the Gender Monitoring Office monitors the quality of services offered to Gender Based Violence victims and effectiveness of Gender Based Violence prevention and response mechanisms.
Gender Monitoring Office work also includes providing guidelines and indicators for service delivery. The Office also monitors the implementation of recommendations provided to address the identified gaps and challenges, all towards ensuring that GBV victims access appropriate services, and ensure that all institutions are proactive in GBV prevention and response.
II. Monitoring Approaches
- Establishing Systems and Mechanisms for Measurement : Eg: Developing GBV Indicators
- Conducting participatory audits and assessments : Eg: Assessment of the Quality of GBV services offered by service providers
- Generating Data for evidence Based Advocacy: Elaboration of concrete issue papers, elaboration of advocacy briefs, etc…
III Main Recent Accomplishments (2013/2014) - Monitoring the fighting against GBV and injustice
1. Audit of One Stop Centres to improve accountability for GBV service delivery
The findings highlight commendable services offered by One Stop Centres to Gender Based Violence Victims that reduced possibility of re-victimization that GBV victims can encounter while seeking services from scattered service providers.
2. Responding to GBV and Injustices related complaints brought to Gender Monitoring Office
3. Increasing awareness and reporting on sexual harassment in Public Space
4. Conducting dialogues with GBV service providers to strengthen mechanisms of generating and preserving evidences for prosecuting GBV cases
5. Enhancing partnerships with key stakeholders in Gender Based Violence prevention and response either public, private of civil society organizations.
To access monitoring findings, please check GMO Annual Report 2013/2014 through the link below: