- About Us
- What We Do
- Jobs and Tenders
- Media Centre
- Contact Us
As provided by the Gender Monitoring Office Strategic Plan, the Gender Monitoring Office serves as reference point for information and information on gender equality in Rwanda. GMO gathers information on the status of gender, best practices, lessons learnt, challenges and proposed recommendations to overcome them. GMO finds information through different monitoring findings, and researches.
Gender Monitoring Office also serves as a consultation point to develop gender sensitive laws, polices, programs and recommendations. The Office also proactively provides technical guidance towards addressing gender equality gaps in all spheres of national development.
Gender Monitoring Office also has a library containing important books and publications related to gender equality, women empowerment and Gender Based Violence. The library consulted by researchers, students, activists and institutions in need on gender equality related information.
II. Recent Accomplishments - Reference Point for Information and Documentation
1. Production of gender equality and women empowerment profiles in four development sector namely: Access to Finance, Job Creation, Governance and Security. Other profiles are also under production, including Agriculture, ICT, Infrastructure, and Social Protection. Gender profiles were also developed for Five Districts. Gender Profiles for other fifteen districts is also underway.
2. Establishment of Gender Reference Group. It is a group of gender experts established as a forum for dialogue, consultation, information sharing, and a mechanism for quality assurance.
3. Hosting learning visits by various regional and international delegations
4. Participation to regional and international forums for increased sharing of information on gender equality
5. Enhancing Communication for effective dissemination of monitoring finding, etc.
For more, please click on the link below: