In order to scientifically assess the progress of respect of gender equality in Rwanda, GMO conducts different types of research on gender equality matters to inform decision making, evidence based gender responsive planning and advocacy on gender equality.
The research contributes to:
- Establish a baseline to guide decision makers for effective gender mainstreaming in policies, programs and projects;
- Assess the implementation of national, regional and international gender equality commitments;
- Document best practices and interventions that may be recommenced to be replicated by other actors working for promotion of gender equality in the country;
- Learn from the past experiences for improvement of future interventions, as well as
- Gathering facts that are used to seek accountability from stakeholders on respect of gender principles.